My oh my!

Jan 13, 2008

Yeah, so I shouldn't have gotten too excited that Montreal was on a winning streak. I mean, I actually expected them to win against the struggling Rangers, but...you know. The Habs are a special team.
The game did have some positive points, though. Like the fact that Halak played the 3rd period (and didn't let any goals in), and the fact that Sergei Kostistyn (baby brother of Andrei) scored our only goal :) I had fun cheering really loud for those two guys.

I learned at the begining of the week that my mom had e-mailed the Bulldogs to ask if I could possibly meet Halak when we went down (cause I guess I'm some kind of huge fan) and and...they e-mail her back and said that they're always happy to make special requests for fans...and that is where the happy ends. Right after, he told my mom that Halak had been called up and therefore meeting him was not possible. He also added, "I'm sure your daughter will be very proud of him for being in Montreal!!"
...
... *twitch*
...
Of course I'm proud. I'm very, very happy!
BUT MEETING HIM WOULDA BEEN SPEC-FREAKING-TACULAR.

And this whole thing woulda been a surprise for me. Imagine the look on my face... Ohhh god. It would of been priceless. (I was friggin starstruck/speechless when I met friggin Alain Goulet! Frigg! Imagine me meeting Halak?? It would be like an instant cardiac arrest!)


YAY! I watched San Jose come from behind and beat the Maple Laffs last night. I had fun laughing at them (and Nabokov 'cause he's just the funniest/cutest goalie ever).
The strange thing is, at the end of the game, when I was done snickering and when I realized this was yet ANOTHER disapointing loss for the Leafs, I think I actually felt a grain of sadness for them (their having some...troubles. I mean, WHAT KIND OF TEAM turns down Scotty Bowman???). I know. I had to pinch myself to see if I was having some kind of twisted nightmare. ME?? SYMPATHY?? TORONTO???? NEVER AGAIN!!!!!


Talk about a funky hockey night.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home